You need to gain as much information as possible to survive in an alien world. This might be the reason that every child is born with a curiosity to know everything about the world around him.
You ask most of the questions during your childhood. As you grow up, you find most of your answers whether right or wrong, true or false through science or Religion. You became content with your knowledge. Moreover, you find more important work than to investigate the world.
Our schools also play a negative role in killing our curiosity too. Instead of telling students that science just scratch the surface of universe and we need a lot to know about it, teachers taught us as everything is already discovered and invented. We have Big bang theory for creation of universe and we have Evolution theory for explanation of life on earth as if these theories gave answers to every possible question.
Instead of teaching these theories, if we teach students what still need to be discovered and what they should invent to uncover those mysteries, it will be more challenging and intriguing for students. Do not tell them that 90% of things are already discovered. Truth is we have discovered only 10% of all the things. We are still clueless about rest of the things. Like dark matter and dark energy. We need to discover more sources of renewable energy. We need more sophisticated machines and automobile. We need to understand intelligence and to create artificial intelligence which can work without input of information on its own. Do not let your curiosity die. Below is the list of twenty things waiting to be invented or discovered.
- Super Artificial Intelligence: All big companies are spending billions of $ on it. Some to study its dangers and some on how to create and use it.
- Dark matter and Dark energy: What is it made of?
- Multi dimensions and multiverse: Does it exist?
- M Theory: Theory of everything: A theory which Combines all forces of nature.
- How to travel with the speed of light. How to break speed limit? There was a time people thought that nothing can fly faster than speed of sound. Now we have supersonic plane flying faster than speed of sound and create shock waves. What will happen if we break speed of light?
- How something came from nothing in this universe?
- Is there life of any other planet?
- How to avoid radiation during space travel?
- How to reduce impact of nuclear bomb?
- How to stop ovulation at will of a woman for birth control?
- Human Memory storing device.
- Nanobots : Tiny machine which can enter human body and can treat people
- Treatment for AIDS and cancer
- Mapping of human genome and understanding function of each gene
- How to curve space-time fabric and travel to another galaxy.
- How to make life easier
- How to change deserts into fertile lands
- How to make painless child delivery
- Teleportation: Is it possible?
- How to make a corruption free society where everyone’s basic needs is fulfilled?
List is not exhaustive or complete. You can look on your own for more things yet to be discovered or invented.